Are you curious about what the best baby co sleeper out there is? Well, look no further. As a new parent expecting their first bundle of joy, getting the right product for your baby can be overwhelming. We understand how important it is to have the best choice of safety and comfort for our babies.
Hence, we went ahead to compile the best baby co-sleepers for you. These co-sleepers are soothing, stylish, and are guaranteed to meet your needs. Here, you will find the benefits of using a baby co-sleeper and how to choose the best one that suits you.
The Benefits of Using a Baby Co Sleeper
While it is always great for a baby to be close enough to foster the right amount of bonding and attachment, using the best baby co sleeper has some other great benefits.
Safety; Keeping your baby safe is always a top priority for every parent. Even when we sleep, we’re worried about how our baby is sleeping. Using the best baby co sleeper can help you stay confident that your baby isn’t rolling off the bed. Furthermore, the railings around the sleeper keep the baby guarded.
Good air circulation; Allowing your baby to sleep in a co-sleeper is excellent. Sleeping separately from adults helps babies breathe clean air. Co sleepers have mesh sides to aid good air circulation.
Cultivate independent habits; Getting to sleep in their own space from the start is great for both parents and the baby. Your child falls asleep with less help, therefore lowering the risks of feeling neglected.
Good rest time; Babies are susceptible to the slightest movement and creaks. In separate spaces, babies can rest well and not be disturbed by activities made on their parent’s beds. This way, babies can relax for as long as possible, affording parents some quality free time for rest too.
(Adorable baby sleeping in a co-sleeper crib attached to parents’ bed)
How to Choose a Safe Baby Co Sleeper
With every product, there are safety hazards, but knowing them means we can prepare to prevent these hazards from happening. The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (US CPSC)lists safety standards for full-size baby cribs. Therefore, it is advisable that you only consider co-sleepers that meet these standards. They are;
The baby co sleeper size and safety height
Typically, you would want a co-sleeper at your bed height or adjustable to the required size.
Strong and Stable structure
Generally, all products must have a “children’s product certificate” to show that they’ve undergone testing and meet the certification requirements. In general, there should be no cracks or missing slats.
Materials and Paints
Only purchase co-sleepers that use safe and harmless materials. It means that lead content in paints should be less than 0.009%, while the lead content in any reachable parts should be lower than 0.01%.
Check the meshing device and the parts
In general, you should consider sleepers with the net or mesh walls for proper ventilation and an easy view of the baby. Most sleepers also have easy-to-use features, which makes the setup more straightforward.
View holes and gaps
While visibility is essential, co-sleepers with large holes and gaps are safety threats. Therefore, the crib should sit at a reasonable height that allows for good ventilation.
Drop-down or flip-style
Sleepers should only allow one-sided drop-down. Bedside sleepers can no longer have their sides completely dropped, as this is a safety hazard. For this reason, the walls on your co-sleeper must be reasonable, as high walls mean reduced airflow. They should have walls that are at least 120mm high. Also, flip-style sleepers should retain walls when switched from bassinet to sleepers.
View the mattress section
Regarding the mattress, the US CPSC also advises the right mattress size. The instructions for setting up the sleeper must carry a special warning stating these recommended dimensions. Furthermore, the mattress must fit the bed. There should be no spaces between the mattress and the co-sleeper to ensure the baby doesn’t get stuck.
Recommended by Best Baby Co Sleeper
Here are our top 7 picks of the best baby co-sleepers in the market. We’ve selected these based on their safety and high quality, and dare we say that they are stylish. Therefore, you would also find that these are good value for your money.
Why we recommend
- The Snuggle Me Organic is GOTS certified (made entirely from organic and sustainable materials).
- Its snug fit hugs your baby’s body. Hence, an organic sleeper design imitates a mother’s secure hold.
- It has sides designed to prevent accidental roll-overs.
- It has received many positive reviews from mothers, and some dub it an essential for newborn babies.
- Also, it comes in a variety of colors and includes a washable cover.
Why We recommend
- The SNOO brilliant sleeper automatically senses and responds to the baby’s fuss. It detects baby cries and produces white noise while gently rocking to calm the baby.
- It prevents risky rolling, keeping your child safely on its back. (According to the standards of the American Academy of Pediatrics Safe Sleep guidelines).
- More significantly, the SNOO brilliant sleeper comes with a mobile app. This feature helps track the baby’s progress with a sleep log and alerts parents when they need more care.
- Besides, this baby co-sleeper is perfect for newborns up to six months.
Why We Recommend
- The Dream on me bassinet bedside sleeper has five height adjustment options for any bed, so you don’t have to get out of your bed to nurse and care for your child.
- Furthermore, it comes with strap systems to snap the co-sleeper snug to your bed for safety, leaving no space in-between.
- Quick set up without a need for extra tools and comes in five different colors.
- This baby co-sleeper converts into a bassinet.
In essence, it provides you an opportunity to keep your baby at your bedside without hassle.
Why We Recommend
- Baby Delight Bedside Sleeper has ventilated mesh walls that protect your baby while keeping their sleep area private.
- It is very lightweight for easy movement and relocation.
- Besides, your bed height is not an issue as this sleeper allows up to 6 levels of height adjustment.
- The mattress that comes with this co-sleeper is CPSC compliant.
- Finally, this bassinet converts conveniently into a Bedside sleeper with just a couple of steps.
Why We Recommend
- The Arm’s Reach Clear Vue co-sleeper has everything you need. For instance, it comes with a mattress, fitted sheets, straps, and more.
- Built for maximum visibility, and it allows a great view of your baby at all times.
- The clear mesh sides provide a clear view as well as excellent ventilation.
- It is also dual-mode, a bassinet when you want to move it around conveniently, and a co-sleeper that snugly attaches to your bed.
Furthermore, it is excellent for nursing mothers and also mothers with C-sections.
Why We Recommend
- A bedside sleeper that swivels the entire 360 degrees
- This sleeper allows your baby a reasonable distance from your bed without feeling neglected.
- You swivel the bassinet back to reach your baby for a close and safe sleep.
- It has a secure base to provide stability and easy adjustment for different beds.
- Designed with mothers in mind, it helps them by reducing prenatal child care stress.
- This sleeper is also customizable, and it provides lots of add-on options for parent’s taste.
- You also don’t need to worry about getting out of bed for baby necessities, as this bassinet provides you with storage pockets.
Why We Recommend
- The AMKE bedside sleeper is a 3 in 1 bassinet that delivers in all three conversions.
- First, it is a standalone bassinet, a durable baby crib, and a baby bedside sleeper all in one.
- With its breathable mesh, it ensures excellent ventilation and visibility.
- You can reach for your baby easily with its six different levels of height adjustment.
- Besides, the AMKE co-sleeper is adjustable to other adjacent rest places.
- Also, you can quickly assemble and disassemble this sleeper for more room.
Precautions for Using Baby Co Sleeper
Using the best baby co-sleeper can be easy, but there are always a few things to note. Furthermore, safety is a priority, and there are a few guidelines to consider that reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- Get mattresses that fit snugly in your co-sleepers. When there are spaces between beds and sleepers, there are possibilities that body parts could get caught in there.
- Reduce the number of items in a sleeper to the barest minimum. Allow only necessities in there. For this reason, most of the co-sleepers we’ve selected have storage spaces for holding things babies need.
- Always check in with the baby — just one peep in from time to time to ensure that your little one is nesting right.
It’s never easy finding the best of anything, especially when safety is a priority, but with this list, you’ve got a great head start on providing you and your sweet little angel quality sleep time. Likewise, the different price points allow you to know which is within your budget.
Lastly, is there a baby co-sleeper you’ve tried and is worth a mention? Do not hesitate to tell us in the comment section.