Twins are a bundle of joy, and carrying them in your arms is one of the most fulfilling feelings ever. Yet, there are times when you wish to take your little one, but you need your hands for other tasks. Carrying twins is never easy when you have to do other things, especially grocery shopping, house chores, or just taking a walk. Baby carrier for twins are the best ways to connect with your babies while you stay hands-free. Also, they enable you to carry both babies simultaneously while remaining active and productive. Here, we have compiled a list of the eight best baby carriers for twins and how to choose the best one.
How to Choose a Baby Carrier for Twins
There are several things to look out for when choosing a baby carrier for twins. Some are listed below;
Baby Carrier for Twins–Ergonomic design
Ergonomics is vital to human health. The best baby carriers for twins have a user-friendly design that guarantees comfort for the twins. Besides, it allows their bodies and bones to develop properly.
While shopping for the best baby carriers, consider the material it contains. As parents, you know your baby better than anyone, from what materials make them itch to what gives them an allergic reaction. Hence, with your knowledge, choose a durable and conducive baby carrier for twins.
Baby Carrier for Twins–Type
Many types of baby carriers are available. However, they come in different shapes and designs. Depending on your preference, the following types of baby carriers are great for your twins:
- Front carrier
- Stretchy Wrap
- Woven Wrap
- Framed backpack
- Ring Sling
- Buckled baby carrier
Easy to use (Adjustable)
The best baby carrier for twins carries your baby easily while you perform other activities. And, there are times when you need to adjust the baby carrier to provide more comfort for you and the babies. Unfortunately, not all baby carriers offer this feature. Thus, you should purchase the ones with adjustable features.
Safety and comfort
Every parent wants to carry their babies without having to worry about their safety. Likewise, the security of your baby comes first before any other feature or design. Finally, in choosing the best baby carrier for twins, look out for the ones with the safest designs.
Baby carriers have different sizes and weight limits. Thus, there is no one-size-fits-all-best baby carrier for twins in the market that is trustworthy. Before you buy the best baby carrier for twins, check the weight limit. Next, compare it with the weight of your babies to see if it is within the limit. In addition, if your babies weigh more than what the baby carrier can hold, it becomes unsafe.
Easy to clean
Keeping the best baby carrier for twins clean is a no-brainer. It will keep your babies safe from infection at all times. Babies, especially and toddlers, are at a high risk of disease due to their developing immune systems.
( Lovely twin babies)
2021 Best Baby Carrier for Twins
Baby Carrier for Twins–TwinGo Baby Carrier
- Unlike older versions of TwinGo carriers, you can split this into two single carriers.
- TwinGo has head support for your babies.
- Moreover, it is an adjustable carrier. The waistband is elastic up to 20 inches.
- This baby carrier for twins is user-friendly. It helps to keep babies in a comfortable position.
- Lastly, it has extra pockets for keeping baby essentials like wipes, diapers, etc.
- However, one flaw is that you can only carry your baby in one position.
Baby Carrier for Twins–Viva la Mama – Twinstar carrying jacket for twins
- This stylish baby carrier is comfortable to wear.
- It is a waterproof, rainproof, and windproof jacket.
- Also, it is one of the easiest baby carriers to use.
- Viva la Mama is a trendy jacket that parents can wear out on a chilly day.
- It comes with a zipped pregnancy insert for expecting moms
- Finally, it has three inserts as well as pockets of space to keep other baby accessories.
- For this nearly flawless product, the zippers are its weakness. If the zippers break, the carrier cannot safely support the babies.
Baby Carrier for Twins–TwinTrexx 2 Baby Carrier
- It has a wide base which makes twins comfortable in this baby carrier.
- Also, it is sturdy and durable.
- Getting babies in and out of this carrier is easy.
- Furthermore, there are up to 5 different ways to wear this baby carrier.
- When one buckle breaks, using this baby carrier becomes difficult.
Baby Carrier for Twins–Weego Baby Carrier Bag
- This perfect baby shower gift comes with a piece of improved fabric to help calm babies.
- It provides enough balance and support for your babies’ hips.
- Weego Baby Carrier Bag is also easy to use.
- Lastly, it is a durable baby carrier for even premature babies of 1.8 kilograms.
- it is not very suitable for twins over six months old.
- Malishastic is a unique twin baby carrier you can use in 4 different ways.
- It is easy to wear with adjustable height and width.
- Besides, it provides comfort for parents with extra padding for the shoulders.
- It also comes with lumbar support and a waistband for a healthy posture.
- Twins also feel comfortable in this carrier due to its ergonomic design.
- In addition, you can carry your babies close to you in different positions.
- This 4-in-1 carrier has strength limitations. You may need to see a doctor to assess you before using it.
- This baby carrier comes with an improved ergonomic design compared to previous models.
- Unlike wraps with long fabrics, it is easy to get your babies in and out of this carrier.
- Also, this baby carrier for twins comes with a stretchy material for flexibility.
- Finally, this baby carrier is a sleepy wrap- babies fall asleep easily in it.
- It is warm, and this can cause the babies to sweat during warm or hot days
- The instructions manual is not helpful. Thus, watching a YouTube video on how to use it would help.
- This new and improved Izmi carrier fosters more intimacy between parents and babies.
- It is easy to wear and use.
- The Izmi baby carrier supports the circulation of air even in hot weather.
- It is comfortable for both babies and parents.
- Finally, this is a super soft baby carrier for extra comfort.
- This baby carrier is relatively not very elastic.
- It sits low when you carry a heavy baby. Thus, you have to support it with your hands.
- A new innovative hybrid design distinct from traditional Didymos products.
- This baby carrier comes with a beautiful design.
- It is secure.
- Didymos baby carrier contains non-toxic materials.
- You can carry your twins on either side comfortably.
- Furthermore, it is adjustable and relatively easy to use.
- This baby carrier might shrink after washing it for the first time.
Using Baby Carrier and Correct Sitting Posture of Babies
While you use the best baby carrier for twins, be sure that they sit comfortably in the correct posture. It ensures that the baby carrier does not hinder the development of their bodies and bones.
First, the baby carrier should not be too tight so that your babies breathe easily. Another necessary to check is your babies’ legs and thighs. They should spread apart, leaning on your body. Also, their knees should bend close to your body. It keeps their legs from hanging from the baby carrier, causing discomfort. Lastly, make sure your baby is not sitting in a fetal posture inside the carrier. If the children move around in the baby carrier, it is a sign that they are sitting correctly.
Undoubtedly, baby carriers come in handy, especially when you would love to perform essential tasks while carrying your babies. Selecting the best baby carrier for twins is easy if you look out for the features listed above.
Furthermore, the best baby carriers enable you to stay connected to your twins. They also help to foster the bond between twins. Always ensure that your babies are in the correct sitting posture and comfortable while carrying them. Finally, do you have any questions about baby carriers? Let us know in the comment section below.