It’s summertime! That moment of the year that we all love. Usually, a day on the beach or swimming pool would be your first thought. However, with baby Angel around, you might start rethinking the scorching sun. Sure, the sunscreen can save you but, the baby’s tender skin might need a more secure, comfortable, and fun place. Luckily, our selected best baby beach tents are here to save the day! These shades are definitely worth your buck. Not only do they give room for your baby to play about, but they also protect your baby from unwanted catastrophes like sun poisoning.
1. The Dangers of Sunshine
Undoubtedly, Vitamin D, from less intense sun, is crucial for your baby’s development. Nevertheless, too much exposure can overheat your baby and cause sunburns. Consequently, these may cause physical illness, and in worst-case scenarios, lead to skin cancer. Specifically, it is advisable to avoid sun exposure to your baby of 6 months or below. In this way, your baby’s immune system will also not be at risk.
2. How to Choose a Baby Beach Tent
If the tent you are about to purchase fits the following criteria, go ahead and empty your pocket.
- Easy set-up and takedown; Setting up a tent at the start of your fun beach day should be easy. Likewise, taking it down at the end of an exhausting day must not take long.
- Ultraviolet protection; Truly, a tent that blocks the UV rays from reaching your baby’s sensitive skin should be your topmost priority.
- Ventilation; A tent with open-sides or mesh materials is preferable in this case. As such, they provide the perfect ventilation for your baby by keeping hot temperatures at bay and helping in good air circulation.
- Proper size; Depending on your family’s size, you may choose to buy a family tent, per your kids’ number, or specifically a baby’s beach tent. Whichever decision you settle on, ensure the measurements are precise before purchasing.
3. What is the Best Beach Tent for Babies?
- It weighs about 10.6 ounces.
- The product’s dimensions are 14.8 x 13 x 1.6 inches.
- Its material is nylon.
- It has a gray color.
- The UV shield, 190T silver-coated, protects the baby from harmful Ultraviolet rays.
- Also, the breathable mesh keeps away insects as well as providing ventilation.
- Even better, it is lightweight, making it easy to carry around.
- The pop-up design enables easy set-up.
- Weather elements such as strong wind may blow it off when the baby’s outside.
- Unfortunately, you may have a hard time folding it for the first time.
- Appropriate for ages 6 to 12 months.
- Secondly, it comes in a beautiful green/blue color.
- Then, it measures 36 x 36 x 36 inches and covers a space area of up to 3ft x 3ft.
- It weighs 2.05 pounds.
- The roll-down mesh with Velcro closures promotes good ventilation.
- Besides, you can have one or more kids in the tent – large-sized.
- UV treatment, SPF-30, also prevents overheating and sunburns.
- Sadly, the poles can sometimes be weak.
- Eventually, the Velcro closures may contain sand and make it hard for the tent to close.
- It weighs 2.81 kilograms.
- It covers an area of 40 sq. ft.
- Its dimensions are 14.7 x 6.6 x 6.6 inches.
- It also has a beautiful lime/gray color with a fiberglass material.
- Easy to set up and takedown.
- Luckily for buyers, it has a one-year warranty.
- Again, it has additional private space for changing your baby’s diaper.
- And the UV treatment blocks the UV rays.
- It has bags with sand weighing down the tents.
- Sadly, windy days make it hard to do the assembly.
- It is grayish-yellow and made of nylon.
- Its dimensions are 14.96 x 12.99 x 1.57 inches.
- Suitable for tiny immobile babies.
- It weighs 14 ounces.
- It has two tent pegs that hold down the tent even in windy weather.
- Additionally, the material is free from lead, non-toxic, and blocks UV rays as well as insects.
- It is also easy to assemble due to its pop-up design.
- Then, it is lightweight hence making it easily portable.
- Despite being a quality tent, it lacks padding for cushioning the bottom.
Monobeach baby beach tent is an eco-friendly product that spells fun in one picture.
- First, It measures 47.5 x 30 x 32 inches
- Then, It has a round shape with a blue color.
- It weighs about 1.8 lbs.
- It is suitable for babies of 12 months to 3 years.
- First, it has a mini pool at the bottom that your baby can play, therefore reducing your worry about the constant lookout.
- It has lightweight, thereby making it easy to carry during trips.
- It has a roll-up back panel for ventilation.
- Mostly, it is not advisable for babies under six months.
- First, It can fit up to 4 people/ suitable for twins.
- Then, It has a light blue color.
- It weighs 2.27 kilograms with a fiberglass material.
- It measures 71 x 39 x 95 inches.
- It is large hence fitting more than one baby.
- Moreover, it is easily portable due to its ability to collapse in a small carrier bag.
- Importantly noted, it blocks UV rays from reaching a baby’s sensitive skin.
- Finally, it provides room for changing the baby.
- The large frame may unluckily delay its process of collapsing into the carrier bag.
- Suitable for 1-month old babies to 10 years.
- Has a blue color.
- It measures 2 x 15.75 x 15.75 inches.
- It weighs about 1 kilogram alongside having a nylon material.
- It has peg tents and sandbags that anchor the tent firmly on the sand.
- It also has UV protection of Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) 50+.
- The pop-up design further makes it simple to assemble and takedown.
- It has a carrier bag for its packing.
- Also, the mesh material on the nylon provides good ventilation.
- It may be uncomfortable for taller people since their heads might hit the roof of the tent.
- First, it has a polyester material that is waterproof and weighs about 1 Kg.
- Then, It measures 35 x 35 x 39 inches.
- It weighs 2.2 lb.
- The mini pool diameter is 74 cm.
- It has a yellow and grey color.
- Luckily, it has a simple setup and takedown process to help save time.
- Next, at the bottom, there’s a mini pool for your baby.
- Then, it guarantees 100% safety due to not harboring toxic materials.
- The three windows provide good ventilation, whereas the screen door keeps out insects.
- It has a UPF 50+, in particular, for blocking UV rays.
- Unfortunately, it only fits one baby.
- First of all, it is recommendable for up to 3 kids.
- And, it has a blue color.
- It also has a dimension of 43 x 59 x 43.5 inches.
- Lastly, it weighs about 2.2 pounds with a mesh window.
- It has a pop-up design; hence there’s no need for an assembly.
- The material has 170T silver coated fabric to block UV rays.
- The mesh windows provide maximum ventilation in addition to the material that can withstand strong winds.
- It is lightweight therefore making it easy to carry when traveling.
- You can easily wash it since it doesn’t absorb water.
- Regrettably, it may not fit the parents as it is small.
- First, Is suitable for the whole family.
- Then, It measures 31.56 x 6 x 6 inches.
- It weighs 6.55 pounds.
- It is blue and has a plastic material.
- It has poles to provide support to the tent.
- Most importantly, it has UV protection, UPF of 50+ to block UV rays.
- Besides, you will find about six sandbags that will help hold down the tent even in stronger winds.
- It has good ventilation due to the mesh material and three windows.
- Lastly, it is affordable.
- Packing it, specifically, in readiness for your trip can be hectic. It is because it has a large size.
Baby Beach Tents Safety Tip
Always fix the tent: However strong your tent pegs may seem to be, ensure you add extra support to it to prevent the beach wind from blowing away your tent. For instance, you can fill in bags with sands.
Always ventilate the tents: If you plan to stay longer at the beach, there are high chances the ventilation will be crooked as time goes by, especially when there’s no breeze. Hence, a small fan will come in handy for your baby and keep his tent ventilated at all times.
Monitor your baby: During your beach hours, don’t let him leave your sight. That is to say, make sure he is in the tent at all times. Sometimes, you never know what they might have been planning to ingest, the strangers he’s playing with at the moment, or whether the tent is becoming uncomfortable.
A fulfilling day at the beach often involves protecting yourself and your family before the fun begins. Therefore, you’ll need to have your hats, sunscreens, and your baby’s beach tent ready. Undeniably, a lot of options for the best baby tents will be at your disposal. First, ensure the size is favorable, have good ventilation, are affordable, and have a sun protection certification.
As always, we are open to inquiries. Do contact us on any burning issue. Indeed, we will find a way to help you out. To this end, enjoy your summer!